Pages

Tuesday 22 October 2013

“It’s a rich man’s world”

As far as I know everyone has received their student loan, processed the 4 figure balance in their account and gone wild! Yes I still get the same feeling every 12 weeks, it’s good isn't it? Having all that money to spend on whatever you want, not to mention that lovely rent if you’re staying out in halls.

Can any of you relate to this list I've made from my personal experience on 7 ways to flash your cash?
  • Stratford
  • Nandos
  • Haagen Dasz
  • Primark
  • Michael Kors – My guilty secret
  • MAC
  • LUSH Cosmetics 

Obviously the guys won’t be able to relate as much but I’m sure you get the jist of the list. I am so bad with my money it’s actually a joke. But I've managed to find a way out of this mess!

I applied for a job within the Greenwich Employability Team and I am now “Happily” working for the university twice a week. It is still hard to manage the work and uni assignments but I need the money and somehow there is always a way to make time for your uni work. One thing I've gradually learnt is how to spend my money in bulk... BAD HABIT! If you are a big spender like me, then spend in small frequent amounts like, £20-30 a week instead of £200 a fortnight. It makes a big difference trust me!

There is no specific way to manage your money it solely depends on your situation and how much you eat, drink, shop etc. Just watch what you spend your money on and ask yourself every time you buy something you don’t need (like a Michael Kors watch), “Do I really need this? Will this affect my food budget in a month?” and then put it down, walk away and don’t look back!


Repeat those words as many times as you need to until you are out of the shop, then buy yourself an ice cream as a reward! 

No comments:

Post a Comment