Pages

Thursday 12 December 2013

December Lights


I don’t know about you but I’ve had one hectic term! As the weather is dropping further and further down the thermometer, I recommend a few tips if you are living in halls:
  • Buy a onesie – Primark has decent ones and they are surprisingly warm!
  • Heat up a hot water bottle to bed – It tricks you for about an hour thinking it’s warm then by the time you’re asleep it’s too late to feel the cold!
  • Get a good coat and scarf – I actually got ill because my ‘winter’ coat wasn’t warm enough
  • Invest in some hot chocolate – Last minute deadlines can be daunting so use this as a pick me up
  • Sainsburys have some really good 39p noodles! #JustSaying
  • Layer your blankets when you sleep
  • Face away from the window, some vents can’t be shut (Like mine)
  • Get some Vitamin C tablets from Superdrug and they boost your immune system so you don’t get ill as often

Now that is out of the way, how’s your first term been? If it’s been chaotic then think back on the things you would change, if you can stop the same things from happening again? Sometimes things can happen beyond our control e.g. losing your USB, spending all your loan money it’s all about learning from these experiences which makes uni life so amazing.

I can honestly say I’ve learnt so much from last year and I will never repeat the same mistakes. An example of one of the mistakes is joining the gym. I joined the gym in February paying £30 a month. I actually utilised the gym for 14 days and I continued paying for it until May. That’s £120? All gone to waste! Only sign up to things you will know you commit to because time is money!

Apart from life skills and learning curves, forget all that’s happened and enjoy your break! Instagram the pretty lights and trees, take the chance to seize every opportunity you get. Have a wonderful break with the plans you all have and Merry Christmas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment